This position is responsible for SMARTECH mechanical designs for Production systems, equipment, specific parts & special projects,including all system’s documentation and drawings.
This position plays a key role in defining current and future SMARTECH products and spare parts and has strong internal and external interfaces.
· Be a Mechanical Designer in SMARTECH mechanics team.
· Define and manage parts, spare parts and a whole system configuration definition by using SolidWorks and PDM software.
· Convert design plans into production drawings and be the reference for production on mechanical issues.
· Work independently according to product plans, Engineering change and files requirements,use professional concepts to work on tasks of different complexity level.
· Track and manage the design project time line under budget and deadline constraints.
· Coordinate between relevant project stakeholders internal or external.
· Document all project milestones and keep design standards.
· Need to fly long-distance flights, from time to time to coordinate and inspect manufacturing progress and issues.
· Performs special projects as assigned.
· B.Sc. in mechanical engineering – A must
· 5 years or more of practical experience in mechanical design, preferably in the process industries.
· Background in the process industry, or in a capital equipment design with an understanding in processes.
· Experience in working with piping, pumps, sensors, motors etc. – an advantage
· Knowledge and experience of design and drawing in SoildWorks is mandatory, and in PDM module – an advantage.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities under tight time deadlines.
· Strong computer systems skills.
· Strong communication skills at all levels, internal and external interfaces(customers, suppliers etc.).
· A team player, with an ability to work with multiple teams in Israel and abroad.
· High integrity, and strong engagement to the company.
· Self-managed personality, detailed oriented, service minded.
· Fluent Hebrew and English.