The NPI Project Manager will be responsible for the successful initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of multiple New Product Introduction projects from R&D final steps, to first prototype, until full production.
The NPI manager will be responsible to transfer R&D high level product design & scope into detailed design project (with Gant milestones), integrating and coordinating all stakeholders inputs into production instructions and engaging relevant manufacturer to launch the new developed products at customer site.
Manage and implement the “New Product Introduction” program. Improve and implement processes and tools in the production line. Develop and manage process trouble shooting liaison & coordinate between R&D planning and manufacturing processes and customers planned value.
Address and solve design issues that affect product performance and the production line. Work closely with all operational teams such as process, project, purchasing, mechanical, control etc.
This position plays a key role in ensuring smooth transition of SMARTECH products from R&D validation laboratory to manufacturing subcontractors, and keep good reputation among customers and suppliers.
· Design for manufacturability – responsibility for defining all equipment, suppliers and subcontractors for the scale up process.
· Develop, define, and implement manufacturing processes and mechanical tools into the production line.
· Have a full ownership for the first prototype “end to end” .
· Manage and support configuration control, BOM components, Catalog of parts.
· Develop ECO process for anew product. Manage the product documentation and design the changes.
· Manage, support, and implement NPI programs to have a successful transition to production.
· Address supplier’s issues such as obsolescence, replacement components, etc.
· Performs special projects as assigned.
· B.Sc. degree in Chemistry, Biotechnology, Mechanical or similar Engineering.
· 5 years or more of experience in process industries, preferably global companies.
· Knowledge in Project Management tools (Gant Charts, Risk management, Control etc.)
· Experience in production and manufacturing processes.
· Experience with technical documentation, mechanical designs and assemblies, working with full turnkey contract manufacturers.
· Experience as an NPI Eng. of process or large-scale multidisciplinary products industry -an advantage
· Technical experience with Solidworks – an advantage
· Project Management course, a P.M.P certification - an advantage.
· Experience with Priority ERP - an advantage.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities under tight time deadlines.
· Ability to manage projects and solve complex problems effectively, efficiently and with creativity.
· Ability to lead multidisciplinary teams in a matrix way.
· Strong decision-making abilities and problem resolution skills.
· Strong computer systems skills (Priority, Excel, Word, PP).
· Strong communication at all levels, internally and external interfaces (customers, suppliers etc.).
· High integrity, and strong engagement to the company.
· Self-managed personality, detailed oriented, service minded.
· Results driven person
· Fluent Hebrew and English.